Recently the government of India has released all new traffic rules from 2019. To follow the rules people are searching the easiest & fast way to get driving license online for their vehicles. It is immediate in effect in some states and few others are implementing it by changing some rules.
So, directly coming to the point, here are the steps to apply online for your license test on sarathi.nic.in portal. If you do not have any license at all, then you will have to submit learning license form. Once you get learning license from your nearest state RTO. You can apply for permanent license and for that you must present your learning license from RTO.
How to apply for driving license online
Please note, that permanent license can not be generated instantly. you have to first get learner license in India. any person who want to get his/her license, must get learning license first. To get learning license you must pass a test exam from RTO.
Documents required for driving license
To submit license online form without any issue, you must have all documents below.
Age proof documents (any one of the below-given documents)
- Birth Certificate
- PAN Card
- 10th Class mark sheet
- Leaving certificate or a transfer certificate from any school for any class with date of birth
Proof of address required for DL
Permanent proof of address documents:
- Aadhaar Card
- Self-owned house agreement
- Electricity bill (issued in applicants name)
- LIC bond
- Ration card
Current Proof of address documents:
- Rental agreement and electricity bill
- Rental agreement and LPG bill
Other Required documents for DL:
- Duly filled application form (To download the application form for an online driving license, visit the nearest RTO or download it from the online sarathi parivahan portal for your state).
- 6 passport sized photographs (for Learners license)
- 1 passport size photograph (for driving license)
- Application fees: If you live in other city, then for current address proof, you can provide rental agreement or recent utility bill (electricity bill or gas bill).
- As of the rules, medical certificate is required for all applicants over the age of 40 years. You must get Form 1 A and 1 by a certified government doctor.
How to apply for DL online
It is very simple and fast process to apply online for driving test.
Open the Sarathi website on sarathi.nic.in and apply. The website is maintained by the Road Transport & Highways Ministry.
From the homepage click on “New Driving Licence” from column Sarathi Services.
It will open a license registration form. Download or read all instructions carefully.
How to fill the license application form online
The process to fill up an online application for a learner’s license or driving license is as below:
- Visit the Sarathi website and click on apply online for new driving license, it will open application form.
- Fill the form carefully. Make sure to enter your name and sensitive details like as birth date, town, city, state carefully.
- For minor applicants, the form must need to printed out and submitted by parents/guardian at nearest RTO.
- Now upload the documents required that includes Address proof, Age proof, learner’s license number and passport sized photographs.
- Make sure to enter valid email address and mobile number to receive future updates.
- If it asks for Aadhaar number, provide it. It will automatically get your name, birthdate and other data from Aadhaar card database.
- On final step, the web application number will be generated. To book driving slot test on sarathi.nic.in website, you will have to pay small fee.
- After booking of learning license appointment, you will receive SMS confirmation for appointment slot booking.
- Once appointment slot booked, you must go to your nearest RTO on given date/time and appear in driving test exam.
- Once you pass the test, your learner’s driving license will be provided to you on the spot. Sometimes they send it to your registered permanent address.
Useful websites for apply driving license online
- https://parivahan.gov.in (Parivahan Sewa website by Ministry of Road Transport)
- https://sarathi.nic.in (Ministry of road transport website)
- https://tnsta.gov.in (Transport Commissionerate and State Transport Authority website)
License registration website for Gujarat, Karnataka, Maharastra, Odisha, Uttar Pradesh and WestBengal
- https://parivahan.gov.in/sarathiservice (Use this website to apply online for license if you are living in Gujarat, Karnataka, Maharastra, Odisha, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal)
Share our website WikiExBack to your friends and spread more interesting and helpful informations.